Senior Mechanical Engineer
Are you an insatiable problem solver? Do you think you’re pretty clever? Are you absolutely fascinated by the complexities of the retail industry? Does solving problems keep you up at night? Do you want to work with a team that shares your passion and drive? If yes, you need to contact us right away.
For a decade and a half, OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation – and we’re on a mission to be the only logical choice when retail brands insist on working with the very best and brightest in the industry.
We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
This is not an entry-level or mid-level position. We want and need the best of the best. You’re either there right now or hell-bent on becoming the best there is.
A positive attitude is everything. You support your teammates. You loathe big ego’s, because you know a big ego can squash a brilliant idea. You care about your work and your team in equal measure.
We’re looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with extensive retail industry experience. If you’re a top performer with that rare ability to engineer deceptively simple solutions without compromising design intent, then you’ll want to join us. This critical role requires the skill-sets to develop engineering drawing packages from concept to full manufacturing. Candidates must be well-versed in mechanical design engineering, engineering processes using Solidworks. Experience engineering for sheet metal, plastic and wood fabrication is important, as well as injection molding, casting and mechanical design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Solidworks 3D Modelling
- Solidworks 2D Model to Sheet generation
- Work directly with, and collaborate with our manufacturing partners
- Generate comprehensive bills of materials
- Evaluate and assemble prototypes and capture necessary revisions to wisely evolve the project
- Constantly collaborate with your fellow engineers to pursue the very best solutions. No lone-wolf types please
- Actively participate in pricing and cost reductions
- Create instruction sheets for installation teams
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Travel required for sales and prototype demonstrations
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Proficient in Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator & MS Office
- Advanced Knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication processes
- College degree or 3-5 years deep-end work experience
- Well-versed in manufacturing processes in multiple materials
- Experience in designing for parts with mechanical movement and the mass manufacturing of those parts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
College degree or equivalent deep-end work experience
This position is based out of our San Francisco/Bay Area facility. Relocation assistance can be provided for the ideal candidate.
Salary commensurate with experience