Senior Project Manager (CA and OH)
For twenty years OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
Despite the many challenges 2020 and 2021 threw at the retail industry, we had a strong year of growth in 2021 and are pursuing some very promising opportunities. We’re poised to scale our business on all fronts, and we’re on the prowl for the right people to help make it happen.
If you are motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while staying organized within shared file structures. We are a team who likes to have fun and be creative while meeting deadlines. If you are ready to jump into a new challenge, we want to meet you!
Senior Project Managers exhibit a strong skill set in product manufacturing. They are well organized and coordinate our client’s jobs with the goal of flawless execution. Senior Project Managers have the ability to independently manage basic, mid, and advanced level complexity projects. Senior Project Managers will run, administer and organize all project activities from project initiation (when the opportunity is formalized by a Sales Representative who requests a job number and creates an initial Project Brief) all the way through project invoice request. This position will report into the Director of Project Management.
- Manage individual projects from the early planning stage through design, prototyping, purchasing, production, shipping and billing of the final product
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties towards the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects assigned are delivered on-time, within scope, and on budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage project costs, set budgets, and handle project billings
- Attend client meetings to confirm project objectives, execution obstacles, in-store variables, and other factors that will impact program success
- Ability to act as the primary POC between OnQ and the client to drive necessary research and data collection, manage client expectations and ensure key timelines are met
- Analyze retailer data and category/fixture layout to translate into internal production and materials orders
- Ensure resource availability and allocation to meet project requirements (both internal and external)
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Ensure efficient project workflow from department-to-department during the course of the program
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Identify, report, and escalate project issues/risks to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Work with OnQ CA, OH, and 3rd party warehouses to pack out jobs for shipping and distribution.
Required Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years of proven experience in project management in the design, engineering, or retail sector
- Previous experience and mastery of managing the life cycle of Point of Purchase display projects for retail
- Relevant educational background, preferably in the fields of design or engineering
- Experienced with managing the design and manufacturing of products
- Understanding of common product warehousing, inventory, and shipping practices
- Experience with managing onshore and offshore contract manufacturers including purchasing and cost negotiation
- Working knowledge of QA and QC practices common to product manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods particular to plastics, woodworking, and machined and fabricated metal processes
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
College degree or equivalent work experience
$90,000 -$110,000 per year