Senior Project Manager
OnQ designs, develops, manufactures and distributes point of purchase displays and OEM products for retail environments. We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager with product manufacturing experience to organize and coordinate our client jobs with the goal of flawless execution. You will run, administer and organize all project activities from project initiation all the way through project invoice request. Our company is well suited to professionals interested in a collaborative, fun, fast paced working environment filled with enthusiastic team members. This position will report into the Director of Project Management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage individual projects from the early planning stage through design, engineering, prototyping, purchasing, production, shipping and billing of final product.
- Documents all project executional Key Performance Factors and makes certain the quality expectations are met or exceeded at every stage of the project’s lifecycle.
- Plan for and secure internal resources and third parties towards the flawless execution of projects.
- Identify and plan for high-risk stages of a project and develop appropriate contingency plans.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and on budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage project costs and set budgets.
- Attend client meetings to confirm project objectives, execution obstacles, in-store variables, and other factors that will impact program success.
- Junior project managers will report directly to the senior project manager and will serve as a mentor in their development and training.
- Analyze retailer data and category/fixture layout to translate into internal production and materials orders.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor, track and update progress using SmartSheet.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Ensure efficient project workflow from department-to-department during the course of the program.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Identify, report and escalate project issues/risks to management as needed.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of proven experience in project management in the design, engineering, or retail sector.
- Relevant educational background, preferably in the fields of design or engineering.
- Experienced with managing the design and manufacturing of products.
- Understanding of common product warehousing, inventory and shipping practices.
- Experience with managing onshore and offshore contract manufacturers including purchasing and cost negotiation.
- Working knowledge of QA and QC practices common to product manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods particular to plastics, woodworking and machined and fabricated metal processes.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools.
- Travel as required for domestic sales and manufacturing functions.
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
College degree or equivalent work experience