Account Manager – Strategic Accounts
For twenty years, OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
An Account Manager is one of the key pieces to high client satisfaction with large strategic accounts. They look after the “health” and happiness of the key account stakeholders (i.e., buyers, asst. buyers, brand contacts, etc.).
You will assist the Director of Strategic Accounts in every twist and turn from the original project write-up through the production, rollout, and aftercare. Watching over each project with a careful eye and handling all details (both internally and cross-functionally) so the Director of Strategic Accounts can focus on strategy and new business development.
- Oversee the overall “health” and client satisfaction for specified accounts.
- Set up, manage and maintain project-specific opportunities in Salesforce. Ensure all necessary updates are made to support weekly reporting requirements. Schedule kick-off meetings and include all appropriate key stakeholders.
- Write-up new project briefs and supporting documents to kick off, manage and execute new projects.
- Schedule kick-off meetings and include all appropriate key stakeholders.
- Analyze retailer store lists, planograms and supporting project information to help qualify the scope of work for the internal production order and associated client quote(s).
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships by constant check-in, follow-up and follow-through on all client needs and projects.
- Develop trusted relationships with internal departments: design, engineering, project management, production and technology, to ensure solid cross-channel communication. Act as liaison between these departments, the account team and our clients.
- Collect all design assets needed for each project and work closely with 2D and 3D teams to ensure requests are met and delivered on time.
- Initiate touch-base with internal and external stakeholders when problem-solving is needed.
- Work directly with the assigned project manager to ensure all details and specifics are being carried out properly for each project before reviewing with the client.
- Plan, review and execute prototype setup (internally and at client locations) and bring detailed feedback to internal teams for requested revisions.
- Assist in developing new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to help assist in meeting sales quotas.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Sales Account Executive or similar role.
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce).
- Demonstrated competence using Office or Google Document Suites.
- Strong Excel skills, with demonstrated experience with complex file comparisons, pivot table setups, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with planograms and trait analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with retail program logistics.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience creating compelling presentations.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a relevant field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and meet established deadlines.
- Experience with retail environments and/or displays.
- Experience proofing graphic art files.
- Travel required.
- OnQ requires full COVID vaccination status for consideration of employment.
- Full-time position, Akron, OH, or Bentonville, AR, preferred.
College degree or equivalent work experience
$75,000 -$90,000 per year