Business Development Representative
For twenty years OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
Despite the many challenges 2020 threw at the retail industry, 2021 has been a year of strong growth and we are pursuing some very promising opportunities. We’re poised to scale our business on all fronts, and we’re on the prowl for the right people to help make it happen.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
We are an entrepreneurial team who likes to roll up our sleeves, dig in deep and have fun while meeting deadlines. We move fast so you must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and re-prioritize easily while staying organized. If you are ready to jump into a new challenge, we want to meet you!
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to the CRO on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new markets/products/services
- OnQ requires full COVID vaccination as a condition of employment.
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Active on LinkedIn
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, meet established deadlines and handle change as business needs require
- Full-time in-office position based in Hayward, CA
- Experience with retail and/or displays a plus
- Very limited travel required
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org