For nearly two decades, OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
We’re poised to scale our business on all fronts, and we’re on the prowl for the right people to help make it happen. We are an entrepreneurial team that likes to roll up our sleeves, dig in deep and have fun while meeting deadlines.
We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer with engineering experience in the POP display industry. You will design and engineer custom displays from prototypes to finished design.
You will work with other engineers and cross-functional team members and will rely heavily on design insights and requirements to meet client expectations.
By partnering with cross-functional teams and customers, you will turn concepts, renderings and creative insights into engineering drawing packages and functional products in a collaborative environment that requires a high attention to details and quality.
We move fast so you must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and re-prioritize easily while staying organized. If you are motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.This position is located in our Ohio offices in Akron and will report to the Sr. Director of Engineering.
- Engineer functional fixtures products from provided 3D renderings
- Engineer products considering all requirements and best practices around quality, budgets, modularity,, functionality, assembly and shipping requirements
- Facilitate submission of drawings to manufacturers including various 3D and 2D files as business needs require
- Produce detailed drawings and Bill of Materials for manufacturing prototypes and production
- Stay on top of manufacturing and explore new retail or trends to engineer relevant and effective solutions
- Test, evaluate and assemble prototypes and capture necessary revisions to improve upon design and functionality
- Assess and include variety and potential form-factors in client-supplied products in design and engineering processWork collaboratively with designers, account managers, project managers and other engineers to develop fully engineered solutions and drawings
- Sketch and brainstorm ideas that solve user’s pains and meet business needs
- Support creation of detailed instruction sheets for installation teams by collaborating closely with print production team and project managers
- Handle a high volume of ongoing projects with fast turnaround times to address product and communication failure without compromising the quality of your output
- Communicate concerns pro-actively to address possible product failures
- Take on tasks efficiently while continuously meeting established deadlines
- Adapt to changing tasks and project scope as business needs require
Required Skills & Abilities
- OnQ requires full COVID vaccination as a condition of employment
- 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in the POP industry
- Advanced knowledge of Solidworks for 2D, 3D Modeling, and Sheet Generation
- Looking for a candidate with a positive “can do” attitude
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes for plastics, woodworking and machined and fabricated metal.
- Fabrication and prototyping skills a plus
- Ability to sketch and brainstorm ideas
- Skilled in verbal and written communication
- Work collaboratively to develop engineering solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with Office, Google Suite, Adobe Illustrator, PDM, and Smartsheet
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Occasional travel required for Prototype setups and store installations as needed
College degree or equivalent work experience
$70,000 – $85,000 per year