Junior Project Manager
For twenty years OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
We’re poised to scale our business on all fronts, and we’re on the prowl for the right people to help make it happen. If you are motivated, results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while staying organized within shared file structures. We are a team who likes to have fun and be creative while meeting deadlines.
Junior Project Managers utilize manufacturing experience to assist with organizing and coordinating our clients’ jobs with the goal of flawless execution. This position will run basic projects independently, and/or collaborate with other PMs on more complex projects. A Junior Project Manager will assist with any part of a project’s life cycle including but not limited to: scheduling, bidding, purchasing, material tracking, and manufacturing functions. Junior Project Managers are also specialized as they independently manage vendors, approve invoices, and ensure material receipt. This position will report to the Director of Project Management.
- Assist in the coordination of internal resources and third parties towards the flawless execution of projects
- Document and transmit files required for manufacturing projects
- Attend meetings to confirm and document project objectives, execution, obstacles, in-store variables, and other factors that will impact success
- Manage and assist others with the management of client expectations and ensure key timelines are met
- Manage and assist others with the procurement and tracking of production material orders
- Manage and assist others with monitoring and tracking progress through project schedules
- Manage and assist others with changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Manage and assist others with measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Identify, report, and escalate project issues/risks to management as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders (third parties/vendors)
- Manage and assist others with maintenance of project documentation
- Work with our OnQ production team and third-party warehouses to pack out jobs for shipping and distribution
Required Skills & Abilities
- Minimum 1 year experience with the facilitation of business processes and projects in a manufacturing company (or equivalent training)
- Experience with purchasing custom materials
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools
- Ability to read and understand construction specs or engineer drawings a plus
- Familiarity with wood, metal, and plastic fabrication is also a plus
- OnQ requires full COVID vaccination as a condition of employment
College degree or equivalent work experience
$50,000 -$65,000 per year