Mid-Level Project Manager
For twenty years OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
We’re poised to scale our business on all fronts, and we’re on the prowl for the right people to help make it happen. If you are motivated, results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while staying organized within shared file structures. We are a team who likes to have fun and be creative while meeting deadlines.
Mid-Level Project Managers exhibit a strong understanding of product manufacturing and a strong skill set in project management. They are well organized and coordinate our client’s jobs with the goal of flawless execution. Project Managers have the ability to independently manage all basic and mid-level projects. They will also run, administer, and organize all project activities from project initiation through project invoice request. This position will report to the Director of Project Management.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties towards the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects assigned are delivered on-time, within scope, and on budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage project costs, set budgets, and handle project billings.
- Attend stakeholder meetings to confirm project objectives, execution obstacles, in-store variables, and other factors that will impact program success
- Ability to act as the primary POC between OnQ and various stakeholders to drive necessary research and data collection, manage client expectations and ensure key timelines are met
- Analyze retailer data and category/fixture layout to translate into internal production and materials orders
- Ensure resource availability and allocation to meet project requirements (both internal and external)
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Ensure efficient project workflow from department-to-department during the course of the program
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Identify, report, and escalate project issues/risks to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Work with our OnQ production team and third-party warehouses to pack out jobs for shipping and distribution
Required Skills & Abilities
- 2-3 years of proven experience in project management, preferably in the design, engineering, or retail sectors
- Experience managing the life cycle of projects
- Experience managing the manufacturing/assembly of products
- Understanding of common product warehousing, inventory, and shipping practices
- Working knowledge of QA and QC practices common to product manufacturing
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management methodologies
- Ability to read and understand construction specs and/or engineer drawings
- Familiarity with wood, metal, and plastic fabrication
- OnQ requires full COVID vaccination as a condition of employment
College degree or equivalent work experience
$65,000 -$85,000 per year