Product Development Manager
For twenty years OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
OnQ offers a collaborative teamwork experience, has an innovation-driven mindset, and is committed to employee growth. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
- Proactively communicate and align stakeholders to drive toward a product decision to define and validate product design specifications
- Proactively identify the important problems the product will solve (competitively, strategically, functionally, for customers, and in support of company goals) to articulate challenge & goal to broader stakeholders
- Proactively challenge your own bias when collaborating with others and always assume the best in other stakeholders’ intentions
- Operate within a high standard of communication, details and quality, by proactively searching, receiving and implementing feedback from peers and other stakeholders
- Drive, track and document product decisions against customer’s goals and timelines provided by leveraging defined cross-functional templates and documents: Smartsheet Request Log, and follow-up Meeting Notes
- Proactively document and maintain product specs along project lifecycle to permit clear alignments with all stakeholders
- Proactively communicate, coordinate and document decisions made by stakeholders during product reviews and QA events using defined QA Requirement Log (QA)
- Proactively share times and resources estimated for product development to the team in varying degrees of urgency
- Flexibility to adjust to top-line project and product priority shifts
Responsible for product development strategy and priorities. Can drive deliverable strategy and timelines on product development with moderate amounts of ambiguity and is capable of adjusting deliverable expectations where appropriate to ensure product development success.
Effectively drives progress with little to no direct involvement from leadership. Capable of resolving many challenges that impact multiple product areas and accounts. Effective and proactive at escalating to leadership when needed.
Leads and motivates product designers areas by generating and articulating product goals, requirements and vision. Impact all product areas through solid product development and quality assessments. Influences the direction and collaboration across multiple product areas. Adept at building consensus and resolving dependencies & alignment.
Engages broader departments properly for product development success. Can effectively translate and define specs of product designer areas with no-to-low need of said product designer areas.
Provides peer review, feedback and is an active interviewer. Contributes to recruiting, training and coaching initiatives.
Required Skills & Abilities
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in product management and/or development, preferably in the POP industry
- Superior knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes for plastics, woodworking and machined and fabricated metal.
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to sketch and brainstorm ideas
- Work collaboratively to develop engineering solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Handles a high volume of ongoing projects with fast turnaround times
- Maintains a positive “can do” attitude
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Superior Solidworks proficiency
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Smartsheet and PDM
- Open to travel when required for prototype set-ups and store installations as needed
- OnQ requires full COVID vaccination as a condition of employment
College degree or equivalent work experience
$90,000 -$100,000 per year