Senior Accounting Manager
For nearly two decades, OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
We’re poised to scale our business on all fronts, and we’re on the prowl for the right people to help make it happen. If you are motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
We are in search of a self-directed and experienced Sr. Accounting Manager to oversee all financial, and accounting activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace and is well-versed in working closely with senior management.
This position will report into the CFO.
- Provide leadership and support to all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Lead month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional duties as required
Required Skills & Abilities
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and accounting principles
- Strong Excel skills preferred (e.g. Pivot Table & VLOOKUP experience) and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data
- Experience with NetSuite is a must, Concur, Salesforce, Time Tracking, & Smartsheet highly preferred
- Self-motivated, flexible and be able to adjust priorities in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Possess a James Bond-like ability to remain cool under pressure
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Preferred 10 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations
- Full COVID vaccination
College degree or equivalent work experience
$125,000 -$150,000 per year