Senior Print Production Designer
For twenty years OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
OnQ offers a collaborative teamwork experience, has an innovation-driven mindset, and is committed to employee growth. If you are motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
The Senior Print Production Designer will work closely with the Director of Print Production to ensure orders are carried through from business award to delivery. This position will report into the Director of Print Production. Must have a strong worth ethic with attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Tracking orders / parts from PO to delivery by documenting via SmartSheet
- Reviewing the PPS (Print Production Spec) for each printed piece to ensure it matches the BOM (Bill of Materials).
- Creating a PO for each part / vendor using Concur
- Ensuring proper proofing procedures for soft proofs and hard proofs prior to mass production and proper sample file management of all hard proofs
- Assisting with intake of printed goods from vendors to ensure production matches pre-production approved samples
- Following through with QA and QC print-related documentation and maintain samples of hard proofs and production proofs
- Create POs based on business awards and communicate release of PO with vendors
- Mange proofing processes including soft proof, hard proof and final production
- Organize and file hard proofs and production proofs
- Update and maintain QA /QC processes necessary for print production
- Attend offsite press checks at suppliers if needed
- Inspect inbound print production items
- Coordinate the movement of inbound printed goods for pack-out with OnQ’s warehouse team
- Assist the Print Production Designer and Print Production Coordinator as needed and as time allows
- Prepress / file prep skills preferred
Required Skills & Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree and / or a strong background in print production and / or print graphics is required with 5+ years minimum experience in the field
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office (especially Excel) products and other print-related software. Google Sheets is a plus. Smartsheet.
- Works well with internal team members to drive and deliver results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- OnQ requires full COVID vaccination as a condition of employment
College degree or equivalent work experience
$29 – $33 per hour