Shipping and Receiving Assistant – Hayward, CA
For twenty years OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
Despite the many challenges 2020 and 2021 threw at the retail industry, we had a strong year of growth in 2021 and are pursuing some very promising opportunities. We’re poised to scale our business on all fronts, and we’re on the prowl for the right people to help make it happen.
If you are motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
This position includes the shipping and receiving of raw materials and finished products as well as creating shipping schedules. Duties include ensuring orders are completed, shipped and delivered in a timely manner. Candidates must be able to learn processes to perform the preparation of BOL’s and Packing Lists. Candidates must be able to assist the Shipping department with Fed-Ex, UPS and other small parcel carriers as well as learning software systems particular to small parcel distribution, tracking shipments and providing POD reports. Candidates will be relied upon to coordinate and distribute products nationwide by FTL, LTL, and small parcel shipment methods.
A successful Shipping & Receiving Assistant is well-organized, has a great eye for detail, math skills and excels in communication. They must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems and have great knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures. They must also have adequate physical strength to off load shipments as well as utilize a forklift (training and certification provided by OnQ). A shipping Assistant will also work with warehouse production personnel to pack out and prepare jobs for shipment.
The goal is to ensure that the shipping & receiving processes at OnQ are running smoothly and effectively under the direction of the shipping manager.
This position will report to the Shipping & Receiving Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works well within a team
- Facilitates Warehouse Shipping and Receiving.
- Process incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy and condition of shipments
- Documents incoming and outgoing shipments
- Assists with preparing bills of lading and associated documentation
- Determines and calculates space required for incoming goods and storage
- Inspects out going packaging/shipment to ensure product will reach destinations intact
- Utilizes equipment associated with the shipping department, Box Truck, forklifts, pallet jacks etc.
- Purchasing of inventoried packaging materials required for shipping department
- Works efficiently with staging and preparing product for production department
- Practices all safety procedures and protocols
Required Skills / Abilities:
- OnQ requires full COVID vaccination as a condition of employment
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have Warehouse/Shipping experience
- Thorough knowledge of UPS/FedEx logistics
- Has a valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Periodically drives packages to local UPS or Fed-EX hubs in personal vehicle, with mileage reimbursed by OnQ
- Travels as required to local shipping points to process outbound shipments from OnQ