For twenty years OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart. We’re poised to scale our business on all fronts, and we’re on the prowl for the right people to help make it happen.
We are a team who likes to have fun and be creative while meeting deadlines. If you are hungry, humble, results-driven and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we want to meet you!
We are looking for a versatile UX/UI Designer to join our design team. This role is a full-time opportunity. You will work directly with our in-house design and marketing teams on project execution and collaboration as well as on marketing assets.
We are seeking an experienced and talented UI/UX designer to start in February 2023 with preferred experience in the POP display or retail industry to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in cross-functional teams. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
You will also be responsible to comprehend and detail content refresh and design updates on existing experiences to the engineers. Using and developing new content templates for each of the experiences you design.
This position will report to the VP of Product.
- Understand business metrics and translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the full scope of the experience when designing the interactive part of it.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, interactive prototypes, style guides, user flows. Effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods and more.
- Gather and organize brand assets for content refreshes to ensure smooth handoff to the development team.
- Develop and manage project-specific content templates and UI asset library.
- Develop and present UX and wireframe concepts.
- Style wireframes and provide UI direction to the development team as needed.
- Develop and share interactive mockups of your designs.
- Support marketing team with assets and content development as needed.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Oversee and/or prepare design for handoff to project managers and development engineers as necessary.
- Test experiences after being implemented by the development team to ensure compliance with design intent. Document changes as needed and communicate with the development team to iterate.
Required Skills and Capabilities
- OnQ requires full COVID vaccination as a condition of employment
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of Figma
- Strong sketching ability
- Strong typography, color and layout ability
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and of project management tools
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, XD, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Experience designing for web, mobile, and tablet experiences
- Experience successfully following brand guidelines
- Interest in retail design industry
- Strong visual design skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon designs
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Ability to think in 3D
- Provide assistance to technology team, designers and engineers when needed
- Recommend new tools and technologies by staying abreast of the latest trends and techniques
- Understanding of software development requirements
- Proficient with motion graphics and video editing software
- Interest in video and photography
- Interest or experience in digital marketing
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills and techniques
$80,000 -$90,000 per year
If interested please reach out to email@example.com with your portfolio demonstrating your work