VP of Human Resources
For a decade and a half, OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
Despite the many challenges 2020 threw at the retail industry, 2021 has been a year of strong growth and we are pursuing some very promising opportunities. We’re poised to scale our business on all fronts, and we’re on the prowl for the right people to help make it happen.
We are looking for a seasoned Human Resources professional to help guide the company through our growth. This role is a full-time in-office opportunity that reports directly to our CEO.
We are an entrepreneurial team who likes to roll up our sleeves, dig in deep and have fun while meeting deadlines. We move fast so you must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and re-prioritize easily while staying organized. If you are ready to jump into a new challenge, we want to meet you!
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management
- Champions company culture and leads initiatives to create a “Best Place to Work” environment for employees
- Establishes diversity, equity and inclusion as core values in the business culture, workplace and hiring practices.
- Oversees recruitment, interview, selection, hiring and new employee onboarding processes
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs to attract and retain top talent
- Provides guidance and leadership to the management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and mandated training requirements
- Works with technical team to design, integrate and implement human resource information software systems for better efficiency
- Design and oversee a modern approach to employee performance evaluations that promotes open communication and drives high performance
- Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, meet established deadlines and handle change as business needs require
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Strong collaborative skills with the ability to influence and have impact on key decisions by demonstrating deep subject matter expertise
- Proven ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion, and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to think critically, anticipate issues, and proactively suggest solutions to a variety of stakeholders, including legal and business leaders
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems (e.g. Zenefits, QuickBooks Workforce, etc.)
- Team player willing to step in and take on various assignments or work as part of a larger leadership team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Full-time in office position based in Hayward, CA
- A minimum of ten years of professional human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration, Industrial Relations, or related field required; Master’s or law degree highly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. employment, EEO and wage and hour labor laws
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification preferred
- COVID-19 Vaccination
Send a resume and proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org