VP of Operations
For twenty years, OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart, poised to scale our business on all fronts, and we’re on the prowl for the right people to help make it happen.
Reporting to the President and Chief Operating Officer and Based in Akron, OH, the VP of Operations will lead the work of our operations, project management, production, quality and shipping teams in our CA and OH facilities. As an executive management team member, you will participate in developing strategies and priorities for performance improvement, technological and product innovation, and delivery of a quality product on time and profitably to our clients, while fostering an operational excellence culture at all levels of the organization.
If you are motivated, results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d love to chat with you.
- Developing and deploying a strategic manufacturing plan aligned with overall business strategy and operational objectives.
- Responsible for planning, sourcing, production and delivery to meet product quality, cost and delivery requirements.
- Reviewing analyses of cost, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated KPIs and future capacity plans, and providing regular updates to senior management on project progress, timelines, blockers and plans to resolve them.
- Ensuring a safe and health-oriented work environment for all. Building a culture where customer service and quality are at the heart of everyday business.
- Leveraging cultural and individual differences amongst parties to maximize success and championing team decisions.
- Creating and maintaining relationships across the company with all levels of internal and/or external parties, including but not limited to Finance, Human Resources, Sales/Marketing, Vendors, Clients and other key stakeholders.
- Developing future leaders by providing resources and support to develop skills and capabilities through unique development opportunities.
- Collaborating with Human Resources in creating and supporting skills development programs focused on engaging employees at all levels.
- Leading continuous process improvement, reduction of rejects, the efficiency of production lines, reduction of manufacturing costs, use of key performance indicators and benchmarking.
- Consistently demonstrating operational excellence and the balance of calculated risk-taking.
- Leveraging a breadth of knowledge in influencing the adoption of new methods and technologies that define and drive the overall business strategy in a fast-changing environment.
- Must understand and comply with all policies and procedures set forth by our Retail and Brand partners.
- Ensure that all projects are administered at the highest level of compliance with both OnQ and Retail Partner policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned or deemed necessary for effective business operations.
- Travel as needed (averaging 2-5 days per month).
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A reputation for high personal character, commitment and success.
- Ten to Fifteen years of Factory/Warehousing or Logistics management experience.
- At least three years of managing multiple facilities and international supply chains.
- Above-average computer skills, including Google Suite, Excel, Word, Smartsheet, Powerpoint, Smartsheet and NetSuite.
- Strong analytical skills, assessing and using data to assess issues, and inform decision making.
- Experience implementing and using Lean Six Sigma to improve speed to market, quality and profitability.
- Knowledge and experience in sustainable development.
- Excellent communicator – ensuring that working relationships remain positive and communication lines remain open.
- Proven leadership with the ability to motivate & delegate successfully.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to champion and celebrate diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Organizational Management, Industrial Engineering or a related field.
- POP/Display Industry Experience.
- This position is domiciled at our Akron, OH, facility.
- OnQ requires full COVID vaccination as a condition of employment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Strong understanding of retail customers and retail market dynamics
- Network of domestic and international supply chain partners.
- Experience implementing/launching a workflow management/capacity planning tool.
- Graduate degree in administration or management
- $135,000 – $170,000 per year