Freelance Industrial Designer
For a decade and a half, OnQ has been at the forefront of retail innovation. We’re trusted by the world’s biggest brands and retailers to help them curate meaningful engagement in-store and beyond. Our business is established and mature, but we’re a startup at heart.
Despite the many challenges 2020 threw at the retail industry, we entered 2021 in growth mode and are pursuing some very promising opportunities. We’re poised to scale our business on all fronts, and we’re on the prowl for the right people to help make it happen.
We are looking for a Freelance Industrial Designer to join our internal design team. This role is a 4-month remote contract engagement, with the opportunity for extended contract work depending on the fit and client needs. You will work directly with our in-house 2D and 3D team on project execution and collaboration. We are looking for someone who can take an idea from a sketch to a realistic 3D model and tell a story throughout the process. You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while staying organized within shared file structures. We are a team who likes to have fun and be creative while meeting deadlines. If you are ready to jump into a new challenge, we want to meet you!
- Knowledge of retail design industry trends
- Proficient in Rhino 3D and Keyshot
- Excellent 2D and 3D rendering skills
- Strong sketching ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent experience
- Portfolio demonstrating your work
- Ability to work in Windows PC environment
- Experience in retail design industry
- Understanding of engineering requirements and manufacturing processes
- Excellent in visualizing concepts using 2D and 3D tools such as Sketchbook Pro/
- Procreate, Photoshop/Illustrator, Rhino, Keyshot
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills and techniques
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams on project scopes
- 3D model innovative retail display concepts
- Update existing database of 3D model project files
- Create 3D models based on store fixture and brand guidelines
- Provide realistic renderings to share externally to clients
- Ability to present a story behind design directions and material choices
Send a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org